I setup a new IIS7 site with Coldfusion the other day and found that it didn’t matter what debug settings I set in CF administrator, IIS continued to hand me the standard 505 error page.
That’s perfect for a production site, but I’m still doing dev work here. The fix is — like so many Microsoft fixes — hidden away in IIS7.
- Open IIS Manager
- Traverse to the site you’re interested in and view the settings home
- Open the “Error Pages” option in the IIS group.
- On the right Actions menu, click “Edit Feature Settings”
- In the popup box, select:
- “Detailed Errors for local requests…” if you’re serving from your local machine,
- “Detailed errors” if you’re serving from any other machine